Thursday, July 31, 2008

Some Enchanted Evening....

Today we got to meet Mr. Bernard Gersten who is director of the Lincoln Center Theater! We spent our lunch hour with him and he was quite entertaining to listen to. He has been in the theater business his entire life and has worked with various companies and individuals in the arts and film. He was an intriguing individual and it was definitely a pleasure to hear him talk about his life and experiences.
In the evening I attended the musical South Pacific at The Vivian Beaumont Theater at Lincoln Center Theater. I was really excited to go because Kelli O'Hara was starring in the show and I love her voice - she was soooooo good as Nellie! Paulo Szot played Emile and he was AMAZING!! He is an opera singer, not a broadway singer and he had this stunning baritone voice (to all who don't know, I love baritones)! When he sang "This Nearly Was Mine" It was outstanding, outstanding!! It is one of the best Rodgers and Hammerstein songs and when you get the right person to sing it, it is fabulous! Broadway star Matthew Morrison was Joe Cable and he did a great job too. It was a great production but as much as I love South Pacific I still hate the Happy Talk song - it's soooo annoying!! If they could just get rid of that song - the show would be perfect!

http://www.lct.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpj832F2VQk

No comments: