Friday, August 1, 2008

We're Not Gonna Pay Rent!!

At Bryant Park wating for the peformance

Diane and Crew


Everyone sing..."Five hundred twentyfive thousand six hundred minutes...."

"Because everything is RENT!"

Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal

I woke up really early to go to Bryant Park and watch the taping of Good Morning America and see their Friday morning concert series featuring the cast of the Broadway musical Rent. Someone told me to get there early to avoid crowds and so I did but it was quite unnecessary. It was a good crowd but not that huge but I stayed along the back and didn't try to make my way up to the front. Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal from the original cast/cd were there and sang a song and the current cast was there as well and sang "Seasons of Love" (of course)! I got to see Diane Sawyer and she had the most perfect blonde hair ever - I was a bit jealous! I tried to upload the videos of the performances that I shot with my camera but it was taking forever so I think I may need to change the videos to a different type of file or something. For now you can check out the link below. Click in the middle where it says summer concert series and you can view the videos of the RENT performances.

http://abcnews.go.com/gma

To my friend Bonnie - I totally you wish you could have been there with me! We will have to meet up when I get back to TX and have a RENT sing-a-long party!!

No comments: