Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Best and Worst

The Best of NYC in no particular order:
*Pink Berry
*Broadway - Favorite shows were Jersey Boys, The 39 Steps
*The Metropolitan Opera
*New York City Ballet
*The Metropolitan Museum of Art
*Alice's Tea Cup
*Street Vendors that sell one-of-a-kind items like the hat guy by Lincoln Center
*Waldorf Astoria Magic Show
*Central Park - Conservatory Garden, the jazz guys, the family that sings the African songs
*Shopping - Soho

The Worst of NYC in no particular order:
*The smell when it is hot outside
*The rats
*The subway - I miss my car
*Tourists that stop in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures
*Walking four flights of stairs to my apt.
*Times Square
*People who swear constantly and use profanity as if it is everyday language with no thought of it being offensive or disrespectful
*hauling my laundry two blocks to the laundromat
*all the wierdos that try to talk to you and give you crap
*lack of central ac

2 comments:

Sidney said...

Hey Hillary,

I really have been bad about checking blogs all summer long! I am glad you had such a great time! It looks like you had the time of your life! Time Square sucks??? Why do you think that? I've never been to New York before, so I wouldn't know! Glad your back so we can start Bunko again!

Randi said...

Hey Hil! Great blog. I'm adding you to ours if you don't mind. We're private so if you want me to add you e-mail me. Keep in touch! wilmas1@yahoo.com