This morning I woke up early and caught the train to go to New Haven, CT to visit Yale. I really wanted to get out of the city and do something fun to get rid of some of the stress I have been dealing with. The train ride to New Haven was annoying due to a very loud child whose father couldn't control him very well. I got to New Haven and took a cab to campus and had a late breakfast at this cute little cafe place that my friend Kate had recommended. I got a piece of chocolate cake to go and it was really good! I headed over to the Yale museum of British Art and viewed the numerous paintings - absolutely beautiful. The watercolor exhibition was absolutely lovely! I made my way over to the bookstore and that was when the thunder and lighting started. I bought a shirt and an umbrella and as soon as I headed to the visitors center, it began to rain so hard and fast - I was completely soaked. I remained soaked until I got home about 5 hours later - I was not in a good mood after that. The campus was gorgeous - beautiful buildings!! The weather continued to be quite bad so I didn't think there was a point in staying in New Haven any longer so I got back on the train and headed back to nyc. I did not feel relaxed or that it was an especially fun day since I spent most of it walking around miserably wet so I returned to the city feeling just as stressed as when I left. But I was glad to see Yale - thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment