Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally!

Yesterday the other interns and I finally got a backstage look at The Met! It was really cool and although we couldn't go on the stage or into the pit we got to see the rehearsal halls (yes, conductor James Levine has a special chair he sits in), costume area, and set storage areas. I got to see some pieces of the set for the new production of Il Trovatore which is one of the operas I have been writing about. The backstage area at The Met is HUGE! It's full of all sorts of elevators, storage areas, and hallways - it's amazing how much goes on there!
Today after work I went with intern Staci to Chinatown and we found a jewelry place with some awesome deals - got quite a bit for only $19. I went on a purse hunt to find a knock off of a Coach bag but I didn't like any of the ones I found. I would rather have the real thing so I am accepting donations to the "Hillary needs a cute, new Coach Tattersall tote bag with matching coat" fund. I will accept gifts in any amount (ha, ha).
Thursday I get to meet the theater director at Lincoln Center and also attend the musical, South Pacific. I am really looking forward to both events!

No comments: