Today I didn't have any fixed plans so I headed to dumb Times Square to see about going to a show. I decided to go see the musical XANADU. Yes folks, XANADU - Based on the ever so popular 80's movie starring Olivia Newton John. It is now a Broadway musical and I was a bit skeptical but I kept hearing great things about it and it was nominated for best musical at the Tony's so I went and I LOVED IT! It was sooooo fun! I had a perfect seat too - fifth row, center. It is the dumbest plot and really cheeeezzzzyyyy but it was awesome and hilarious. There were some great lines, and the characters were so great and the music was upbeat and fun. The stage was really small and there were even audience members seated on the stage so the actors interacted with them a bit which added to the fun. They even roller skated around on the stage which was quite impressive since the space was so small. Thumbs up for XANADU! If Manhattan had a disco roller rink, I would probably go! Check out the website to listen to the music and watch video clips!!
ps - Darla this is just for you!!!
http://xanaduonbroadway.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment