Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend

Friday after work I went with the other interns to a place called Alice's Tea Cup. It was this cute little place that served tons of varieties of teas and scones (the best ever)! After that, my fellow intern Josephine and I headed off to Chelsea to see the new Batman movie. I really liked it. Christian Bale is hot and Heath Ledger was fantastic as The Joker. Thumbs up for Batman!

http://www.alicesteacup.com/

Saturday morning I did my homework for awhile and then headed out to the Morgan Library. The Library contains an extensive book collection of Pierpont Morgan, father of JP Morgan. You can't touch any of the books or publications but it is an impressive collection and there were hundreds of Bibles and other religious books as well as numerous copies of Shakespeare books and other famous novels as well as rare publications.

http://www.themorgan.org/

I also went to the New York Public Library and it was such a beautiful building. I liked the inscription on the outside that said, "But Above All Things Truth Beareth Away The Victory."

http://www.nypl.org/

Saturday night I went to a small party at Maggie's (works at the Met Opera Guild), with the other interns. We had munchies and fun conversation but after a couple hours I was really tired and so I left early.

Sunday I went to church, came home and took a nap, finished some homework, and caught up with friends.

No comments: