Friday, July 4, 2008
Die Soldaten
Last night I got to see a final dress rehearsal for a production of the opera Die Soldaten. I had never heard of it before but the ticket was free so I went with a few people from work. I don't want to waste a lot of space talking about it but in a nutshell I thought the set was cool, the plot was boring and unimaginative and even confusing in places because the libretto was not clearly written. It felt rushed in places and drgged in others and it had some parts that were just really strange and wierd. I didn't even care for the music. The opera is a modern one written in the 1960's I believe by a German named Zimmerman. Apparantly this was some type of breakthrough piece at the time and it is very different but it really isn't that great. I will manage just fine through this life if I don't see or hear Die Soldaten again. While there were some things I could really appreciate about the production, there was plenty that I didn't care for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Hillary,
How fun to see how your enjoying NYC!! I remember the excitement you had in Austin when you found out you got the job, and now seeing all your doing and hearing of your adventures is really cool. Braeden likes it too.
Now if you cross paths with Barbra Streisand I will pee myself if I read that in your blog. It can happen you know!!
Keep on having a fabulous time. Summer is sailing by!!
Wendy
Braeden says HI!
Post a Comment