Romanian soproano, Angela Gheorghiu singing Caruso
I don't know who the woman is in the picture but she must be important because she is standing next to Peter Gelb (middle) who is the President of The Metropolitan Opera and Joe Clark (right) who is the Technical Director for the Met.
Check out this beautiful, New York girl!
Last night The Metropolitan Opera hosted a summer concert at Prospect Park in Brooklyn. I had been looking forward to this for awhile because of the performers - Soprano Angela Gheorghiu and tenor Roberto Alagna. They are two of the most sought after opera performers today and they are also married to each other. They were married at The Met in New York City a number of years ago after they both performed in a production of Puccini's La Boheme. They were married backstage after one of their performances - I think it's a great story! Very romantic!
I hadn't been to Brooklyn before and I didn't see much of it but I really liked what I did see - cute apartments and row houses and the park where the concert was held was beautiful - green, huge, gorgeous trees. You can't see any buildings towering around the outskirts of the park like you can in Central Park and I really liked that. The concert was great - both singers were outstanding but I was puzzled by some of their music choices.
I attended the show with another intern, Josephine, and also a group of about 14 lds singles from the Manhattan area. Last week I met a guy named Sean at a get together in my building and so he arranged to get some people together from several of the ysa wards to come. I met some really nice people - very friendly and easy to get to know. They were all around my age and working professionals. I was really grateful to have the chance to make some new acquaintances.

No comments:
Post a Comment