So I haven't had chocolate all week long which is quite a miracle but today I stopped at the store and bought some chocolate Haagen-Dazs ice cream bars to enjoy later on. I was really glad to find these ice cream bars at the ghetto corner grocery. Well when I got home and opened one of them, it was half the size of the ones I usually buy in Texas! I was not happy about that at all - what's up with that? the packaging was exactly the same but the product was not - dumb marketing packaging people! I demand my regular size chocolate dipped in chocolate Haagen-Dazs ice cream bar!!!
Other annoying news - I was planning on stocking up on some dvd's, cd's and some wall decor to mail home from the opera shop but it is being remodeled and is closed for the entire summer. Fortunately, my new friend Michael who works in finance was able to pull some strings and will take me to the merchandising department to sort through all sorts of leftover items that I can get at reduced prices. I am hoping to find some unique autographed photos and other things.
I am really enjoying the work I have been doing so far. The research aspect is more interesting that I thought it would be and I have enjoyed learning about the operas and the composers. I definitely feel less stressed in the "office environment". I don't feel I am connecting very well with the other interns - they are much younger than I am and we are different places in our lives. They are all extremely nice people and very talented and hard working. I am going to present two ideas to the director of development next week - one is an idea to publish a series of children's books of opera stories and the other is to develop a website for the Met that children can access to learn more about opera. I hope they like my ideas!
Today I went to the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts over at Lincoln Center - it was great! Full of many books and just about any cd recording or dvd of a show or concert that you can imagine. I will probably go back again next week to browse around some more. I got two books - Letters of Verdi and Letters of Puccini. Probably extremely boring for most of you but I am looking forward to reading them.
No comments:
Post a Comment