Hi! Well after my second day on the job I feel like I have a much better understanding of what I will be doing here this summer! It will definitely be busy, busy! I started working on writing study guides today for two operas that The Met will be performing next year - Il Trovatore and La Boheme. I'm really familiar with La Boheme so I'm not too worried about that but I don't know anything about Il Trovatore and the more I read and learn about it the more I realize what a great, thrilling, fantastically confusing, and tragic story it is - full of greed, death, mistaken identities, revenge, and most importantly, love! My office is housed at Julliard so every day I pass by the numerous students and teachers. The Met Opera House is across the street and I have access to backstage and underground so today I had lunch over there at the cafeteria.
Tonight I went with one of the other interns, Stacie, to Carnegie Hall to watch a concert of the musical Show Boat. I went to see my "secret opera singer hot boyfriend" Nathan Gunn sing in the show. His voice was amazing - I love baritones!! He was also quite good looking! The show had several other broadway and opera stars performing and it was great! Singer Marilyn Horne made a brief appearance which was exciting. I could have thrown my purse at the idiot who left their cell phone on - it rang right before the big finale of the song Ol Man River (one of the best broadway songs ever written in my opinion). I think venues need to have a rule that if your phone goes off then you get kicked out. Maybe people would remember to turn them off if that was the case. Enough of my ranting. We are in the middle of a heat wave here - almost 100 degrees today but it is going to start cooling off tomorrow they say. Guess that is all for now. I'll have more to share during the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment