So one of the biggest pop stars in China is Jay Chou. My assistant told me about him last week and then the next thing I know I find out that he is the guy in the new Green Hornet movie. So you have probably seen him on different entertainment programs in the USA lately because of the film. I am soooooo not keeping up well with American pop culture right now that I didn't even know about the movie until a couple of days ago.
Jay Chou is from Taiwan and has been a very popular musician for about 10. He has won numerous awards for his music and has a huge fan base here in China and in other Asian countries.
Here is a brief interview with Jay Chou at the movie premier in L.A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2ouAf2lfM
Here is a music video of a popular song by Jay Chou. There is another man that sings in it named Fei Yu Qing but I don't know much about him. I think this song is cool because you can hear contemporary instruments as well as traditional Chinese ones. The vocals are also a good mix of contemporary Chinese with Jay Chou and traditional Chinese with Fei Yu Qing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTI7hWlsZO0
1 comment:
Even in China you are keeping up on pop culture better than I
Post a Comment