Wednesday, March 2, 2011

DEEP IN THE HEART OF BEIJING... I MEAN TEXAS... I MEAN BEIJING...




Last Friday night, my new co-worker Ryan and I went out to dinner at a Tex-Mex restaurant.  Yes folks, they have "Tex-Mex" in Beijing.  Well first of all I must say that once you go to Texas and have actual Tex-Mex, it doesn't matter where you go after that because no place will be as good or the same.  So this place looked like a typical Tex-Mex style restaurant on the outside with sombreros and lights and of course, the country music playing on the patio.  The music continued indoors and the Chinese girls that worked there all had Texas flag shirts on which I actually thought was pretty awesome.  The menu had typical Tex-Mex items but I was totally going to order my favorite, enchiladas verdes, but they weren't on the menu.  That bummed me out so I ended up ordering the chicken burrito thing.  It was decent but I wouldn't say it was great Tex-Mex.  I was slightly disappointed but so grateful to be in a place that reminded me of home that I didn't care about the food so much.  Oh, the other bummer was that they didn't bring us any chips and salsa.  You have to order everything seperately here in China but I thought for sure this place would at least provide the chips and salsa like every other Tex-Mex place on the planet.  Oh well.  At least I know there is a place I can go when I don't want to feel so far away from home :) .  
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a cute blog :)