Before I came to China I received a church blessing from my uncle. In the Mormon faith we can ask for and receive blessings to help comfort us when we deal with illness, trials, or just need to feel peace regarding our present circumstances and choices we are faced with. I can best define it as a special prayer given on your behalf. Because I wasn't sure what to expect from my China experience, I asked for a blessing to help me feel at peace about what lied ahead for me. One of the statements my uncle made several times was that I was going to China to develop friendships and relationships with others that would be eternal. I know that the people we meet in this life will continue to be a part of our lives even after death. God would not be a loving and perfect being if he were to allow us to create such special and wonderful bonds and relationships with others, and then not allow us to continue those. I have met some wonderful people here so far in China at work and at church. I can definitely say that many friendships are being formed and I am so grateful that these friendships will continue.
I have been very happy here in China. There have been a couple of rough spots but hardly anything to complain about at all because I've been so blessed and taken care of since my arrival. Heavenly Father has truly looked out for me more than I can say and more than I've ever imagined and I find it hard to put it all into words even when I pray. I feel nothing I say can truly express my gratitude. For this reason, I feel that the most important "eternal relationship" I've developed here is the one with God. After struggling the last couple of years and dealing with a crisis of faith to an extent, coming to China has truly brought me back to a place in my mind and in my heart where I feel much more reconciled with my true self as a child of God. I am truly grateful that my trials have brought me to a better and stronger place within myself. Many of the people I have met here are truly AMAZING! I am so grateful to know them and for the example and inspiration they provide for me. I hope to write about some of the fabulous people I have met in future posts so everyone can see how many wonderful people exist in our world!
3 comments:
I'm so happy for you Hillary! I love how you said that you're finding the eternal relationship you're building is with our Heavenly Father--I needed the reminder!
So happy for you. Sometimes we have to leave all the trappings of home to find where we are really at 'home' and that is with our Heavenly Father. Good that you got that there.
dWhat great feelings to have and being able to share them is also wonderful. I needed the reminder myself.
Post a Comment