Tuesday, December 21, 2010

APARTMENT HUNTING

I've been out three times looking for an apartment.  The first time I went with a girl from church who knew someone who was renovating a place so I went to check it out.  It was in a ghetto building and I didn't care for the neighborhood at all so I said "no thanks".  The lady had actually turned it into a really cute place but it was pretty small.  I finally contacted a realtor named Liam.  He took me to look at some really nice studios but were a bit out of my price range and far from work. They had fabulous views and were located near the Central Business District which is where a lot of action is.  What I have figured out here is that what you can get for a certain price here in Beijing varies a great deal.  You can pay the same price for two completely different places.  I will try to go out tomorrow and look some more.  I need to be out of the hotel on New Years Eve so time isn't on my side right now.  So everyone please pray for me that I will be able to find a good place that doesn't cost more than my price range.  
Oh and did I mention that my realtor is kind of cute??  Well I think he is.  Pic to come soon I hope!

2 comments:

erinmmiles said...

Apt. hunting takes so much time and energy. Use that realtor Hill! Spend time with the cute guy and maybe your apt will come along soon. How long are you planning on staying? Good luck!

Amanda said...

I think you should see if Liam needs a roommate. Kidding! Can't wait for some pictures. Merry Christmas, Hillary!