Thursday, May 12, 2011
TAXI CAB FLIRTING
So yesterday a lady that is a friend of a friend, shared a taxi with me. She took the taxi to pick up her son from school and then the driver was to take me to a subway station. Well after she was dropped off, the driver looked at me and smiled and said something to me in Chinese that I did not understand. So I told him in Chinese I didn't understand him (that is one of the few things I can say in Chinese). He laughed and then got on his cell phone and I'm pretty sure he called the lady that he had just dropped off. I could hear their phone conversation and she was saying the word pretty in english and he was repeating it. So he hung up and then he said to me in broken English "you are pretty". Then he got his cell phone out to take a picture of me -and yes he is driving in traffic while all this is going on. It made me laugh a little and I put up my hand in front of my face so he couldn't take my picture, but he tried a couple of times. Then he kept pointing at his phone and my phone and speaking in Chinese. I guessed he wanted my number but I said "no". Because even if I was interested, I wouldn't be able to talk to him anyway. Then he asked me to give him English lessons or something and I laughed and said no too. So this situation was a bit weird and my defense mechanism of laughter was the only thing that seemed to get me through it. Then he reached into his glove compartment and pulled out a cd and put it in the player. Well it happened to be a cd of English love songs from the 90's. The first song was that annoying "I Swear" song and then Celine Dion came on and a couple more. I was dying. He kept saying I was pretty over and over but when I arrived at my destination, he held out his hand I politely shook it while I laughed and he said "See you later pretty." Why is it that the men I don't want to give me attention are the ones that do and the men I would like to give me attention don't? Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment