Thursday, August 4, 2011

FENG HUANG CHUAN QI

There is a Chinese music group that I love called Feng Huang Chuan Qi. The translation is "Phoenix Legend" or I have also seen it translated "Mongolian Phoenix."  The group is a duo that consists of a man that has a more pop sound to his voice and a woman that has a more traditional Chinese sound.  Their music is a blend of pop/rap style and traditional Chinese style and I think it is awesome. My co-workers make fun of me because they say this music is only popular with the older people in China and I shouldn't listen to old people music.  Below are links to two music videos on youtube. I love the song in the first link but the video isn't that great even though I love the use of the traditional shadow puppets.  The second link is another music video of a song I like as well.  
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHEOfXOqp1Y
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wJg952Gymc

No comments: